General Requirements of Protective Clothing
The general performance requirements for protective clothing are set out in EN ISO 13688: 2013. This standard replaces the withdrawn standard EN 340: 2003, though EN 340 is still called up in many Specifications.
Both EN ISO 13688 and EN 340 specify general performance requirements for ergonomics, innocuousness, size designation, ageing, compatibility and marking of protective clothing and the information to be supplied by the manufacturer with the protective clothing.
- BTTG™ are able to offer a full range of tests to cover the requirements of EN ISO 13688 and EN 340, including:
- ISO 3071 determination of pH,
- ISO 3175-1 for dry and wet cleaning procedures and
- EN 14362-1 for determination of the presence of Azo dyes.
- Additionally this standard looks at ISO 7000 labelling, ISO 3635 size designation and Chromium and Nickel content.
Through our Certification Body we are also able to assess garments according to either of these standards.
For further information regarding testing to this standard, please contact Lesley Hughes (+44 (0) 161 876 4211, firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
If you would like to Certify a garment in accordance with this Performance Standard please contact our Certification Department (+44 (0) 161 876 4211, PPECert@bttg.co.uk ).